Vegetable soup is hearty, nutritious, delicious and requires simple and inexpensive ingredients.
It’s healthy, tasty, so easy to make, and the perfect dinner for cold winter nights!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes (450 g), peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots (225 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (140 g)
- 1 cup frozen green beans (120 g)
- 1 cup frozen peas (120 g)
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes (800 g)
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, or any other dried herb like oregano or basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the garlic, celery, and onion over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve immediately with roasted chickpeas, baked tofu, seitan, or tempeh meet balls.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.