This tasty vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is made with chickpeas for a superb high-protein side dish, salad or full meal. Enjoy with fresh lemon juice! Again, there is no limit on what else you could add.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Total Time35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 10 olives (green, kalamata or black)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 small purple onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- Cook the quinoa.
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse them. You can keep the liquid from the can and use it later as aquafaba, if you want.
- Chop all the ingredients, including the cherry tomatoes, olives, onions, fresh basil leaves and any other optional ingredients you’d like to use.
- Put everything in a bowl, then combine with the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, vinegars, salt and pepper.
- Serve your quinoa salad with any main dish. Or enjoy as a smaller meal on it’s own.