10 ingredients and 20 minutes to make, this pasta salad is the perfect side dish for any BBQ, picnic, or potluck. We have adapted this recipe from a wonderful site: it doesn’t taste like chicken. You can pretty much add anything you like to this dish!
- 280 g elbow macaroni, (gluten-free if preferred)
- 112 g vegan mayonnaise (hellmans is a great brand)
- 22 ml apple cider vinegar
- 15 ml sweet gherkin juice – optional
- 15 ml dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- Red onion (1/4 cup), finely chopped
- 6 sweet gherkins, finely chopped
- black pepper and chopped parsley, (optional for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- In a large bowl mix together the vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sweet gherkin juice, dijon mustard, and garlic powder.
- Add the cooled macaroni noodles along with the red bell pepper, celery, red onion, and gherkins to the bowl with the dressing. Toss well to combine. Garnish with black pepper and parsley if desired. Serve fresh.