3 Red chillies
½ Red pepper de-seeded
Zest 1 lime
Handful of coriander stalks
Thumb size piece of ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp ground pepper
1 pack of Macro brand tofu (450 g – Countdown)
4-5 tsp Soy sauce
Juice of 3 limes
2 red chillies 1 finely chopped into rounds
2 Tbsp of vege oil
400 ml can coconut milk
1 small egg plant
½ red pepper 140 g sugar snap peas
20 g basil leaves
1 tsp brown sugar
Jasmine rice – as much as desired.
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce, chilli chopped and juice of 1 lime as much ahead of time as possible.
- Blend paste ingredients in a blender.
- In a frying pan fry 3-4 tbsp of paste for 2 mins. Stir in coconut milk, 100 ml of water, courgette, eggplant and capsicum. Cook for 10 mins
- Drain the tofu, pat dry, then fry in small pan until golden.
- Add snap peas to curry then season with sugar, remaining lime juice and soy sauce. Cook for 4 mins then add tofu and heat through. Garnish with sliced chilli and basil. Serve on hot jasmine rice.