Marinate the tofu over night or for a few hours beforehand. This is perfect for a little side dish at a BBQ
Thai Peanut Sauce:
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup gluten free dark soy sauce
2 x Tbs rice wine vinegar
2 x Tbs maple syrup
1 x tsp garlic powder
1/2 x tsp grated fresh ginger
1 x Tbs lime juice
1/4 x tsp chilli flakes
1 x block firm tofu drained, pressed and cut into finger slices
8 x cos lettuce leaves
1 x red capsicum sliced thinly
1 x avocado diced
Store bought vegan aioli or coconut natural flavour yoghurt
Handful of coriander chopped finely
Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Add the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder, ground ginger, fresh lime juice and dried chilli flakes to a measuring jug.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Cover your tofu fingers with enough sauce so they are all coated. Turn them all over so every side of each finger has sauce on it. Marinate overnight for at least a few hours. Save the rest of your sauce in a little jug in the fridge.
- Once the tofu is marinated heat a little oil in a wok or pan on medium heat and fry each side of the fingers for a few minutes until they start to crisp up. Take off heat and cool.
- Heat the remanding sauce up so it’s a pourable consistency (1 min in the microwave).
- Assemble your little taco cups starting with your cos leaves, then your tofu fingers, a couple capsicum strips, a few avo chunks and a teaspoon each of the Thai peanut sauce and the vegan aioli or coconut yoghurt. Finish with the chopped coriander and enjoy!