2 kg potatoes
3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup cornflour
salt, pepper, nutmeg, handful chopped fresh coriander or parsley to taste
2 x can jackfruit drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 x Tbs water
1/2 can pineapple crushed
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 x Tbs tomato sauce
1 x Tbs soy sauce
Extra virgin olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200•C. Wash potatoes, cut into small pieces and cook in a pot with boiling water for 25 mins.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and herbs and mash them with a potato masher.
- Cool in fridge whilst you make your filling then add flour and cornstarch and mix well with a spoon or your hands.
- Shred and chop up your jackfruit and sauté in a fry pan for 2 mins with a dash of oil on med heat. Then transfer to a greased roasting dish and roast for another 15 mins stirring 1/2 way.
- In a cup, whisk together cornstarch and water with a fork. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple + juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened then take off heat. Mix through with your jackfruit once that’s cooked.
- Wet your hands and form your mash into balls around 1/2 cup of dough mixture for each. Make a well in the middle and add about one tablespoon of the filling. Put a little lid on the balls with a little bit more dough and seal the sides…keep wetting your hands it makes it so much easier. Heat approximately 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the potato cakes at medium heat until golden brown on both sides. They will be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Then if you want place in roasting dish and roast them for a further 15mins…serve with your fave sides and ENJOY FAM 😎