prep time: 8 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 33 MINUTES
A healthy dish full of Mexican flavours!
- 3 Capsicums
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 x 400g tins kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small tin, approx 150g of sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dairy free Cheese (Angel foods, Veesey) of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Chop the Capsicums in half and remove the seeds. Add to a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until slightly browned and softened but still firm enough to retain it’s shape.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic, onion and a small splash of water to a frying pan. Cook on a medium heat for a minute, add the chilli powder and beans. Add some more water (about a tbspn or two) and cook for a few minutes, until the beans are softened and moist. Partially mash them with a fork or masher so you have a chunky bean paste.
- Stir in the chopped tomato, sweetcorn and salt & pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes, just to warm through.
- Serve hot with dairy free cheese melted on top. Pair with a side salad of fresh garden veg. Enjoy!