1 1/2 cups brown rice
3 spring onions finely chopped
1 red capsicum, corred, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup of raisins
60 g of cashew nuts, roasted and chopped
2 Tbspn chopped parsley
2 x 450g Macro Tofu from Countdown cut into triangles
Soy Sauce Dressing:
3/4 cup of olive oil
3 Tbspn soy sauce
2 Tbspn lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 thumb of ginger root (1cm) finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
- The night before cut your tofu and marinate in the dressing in the fridge, turning once during the time to allow marinate to soak into both sides
- Wash rice well, then cook for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Rinse well, drain then cool.
- Place in a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Prepare some more soy dressing.
- Pour over dressing and toss thoroughly before serving.
- Bake the tofu steaks in an oven on 200c for approx 15 mins.
This dish can be served hot or cold and makes a great plate to take to a BBQ.