This dish can be eaten hot or cold and made in bulk, it’s also perfect for using up any veg in the fridge. You can add anything you like so use this recipe as a base and create your own delicious meal.
1/4 cup Prep’s Garlic Oil or olive oil
2 cups vegan orzo pasta
1 courgette – cubed
1 carrot – cubed
½ purple kumara – cubed
¼ pumpkin – cubed
420g can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
10-12 garlic cloves
1 pack plant based feta cheese cubed
2 Tbs dried oregano
You can also add: Brussel sprouts, capsicums, broccoli, cauliflower, potato, cherry tomatoes, red onion, eggplant, spinach, sundried tomatoes,
- Boil Orzo for 3-4 minutes, this will cook fast so keep an eye on it. Drain, pour the olive in and mix thoroughly then set side in the fridge to cool.
- On a lined tray, place garlic and veg that you have cut into cubes, toss some with oil, the oregano and roast until tender.
- On another tray, coat the chickpeas in oil and roast until crispy and browned slightly.
- When all the veg is cooked and garlic oil is ready, combine orzo and vegetables in a large bowl, stir in some of the oil until all ingredients are coated nicely.
- Fold the vegan vegan feta cubes in last.
- Enjoy hot or cold.