This dish can be eaten hot or cold and made in bulk, it’s also perfect for using up any veg in the fridge. You can add anything you like so use this recipe as a base and create your own delicious meal.
500 ml Olive Oil
500g vegan orzo
1 courgette – cubed
1 carrot – cubed
½ purple kumara – cubed
¼ pumpkin – cubed
420g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
10-12 garlic cloves.
You can also add: Brussel sprouts, capsicums, broccoli, cauliflower, potato, cherry tomatoes, red onion, eggplant, vegan feta, spinach, sundried tomatoes,
- Boil Orzo for 3-4 minutes, this will cook fast so keep an eye on it. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 o C and in a baking tin or shallow tray, heat the olive oil. Once at temp, add the garlic cloves to oil, and bake for 20 – 30 mins. See Garlic Oil
- On a lined tray, place all veg that you have cut into cubes, cover with oil and roast until tender.
- On another tray, coat the chickpeas in oil and roast.
- When all the veg is cooked and garlic oil is ready, combine orzo and vegetables in a large bowl, stir in some of the oil until all ingredients are coated nicely.
- Enjoy hot or cold.