2 x packs spaghetti cooked to packet instructions
4 x zuchinnis spiralized
4 x garlic cloves grated
2 x can tomatoes including juice
2 x lemons (rind + juice)
3 x red chillis chopped finely
3 x Tbs dried italian herbs
1.5 x Tbs brown sugar
2 x can coconut cream
2 x large handful basil leaves
A light and creamy tomato based pasta with 1/2 zoodles and a hint of chilli for a kick
- Stir-fry your zoodles in a fry pan on med-high heat adding dashes of water when needed for 2 minutes. Then put aside in a bowl.
- Stir-fry the garlic, chilli and italian herbs with a splash of water in the same frying pan on med-high heat for 1 minute then add the tomatoes with their juice and sugar and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a blender with the coconut cream and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce back to the fry pay with the cooked spagetti and all the basil leaves and stir until combined and heated right through.
- Take off the heat, squeeze the lemon juice, add the rind and the zoodles and stir until combined.
Serve in bowls with some crusty bread and enjoy!