4 x cups uncooked penne pasta
1/2 pack meatless chicken pieces from the Asian supermarket
2 x cups frozen peas
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
2 x cups cashew nuts boiled for 1/2 an hour or soaked overnight
1/2 cup bottled beetroot juice or mashed up packet of cooked beetroot
1/2 x cup nutritional yeast
4 x garlic cloves
juice from 3 lemons
2 x cups water
salt to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling water for time that it says on the packet (usually 10 minutes). In the last 4 minutes pour in the frozen peas.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, add more water if needed so its consistency is runny like a pasta sauce.
- Fry your meatless chicken pieces in a fry pan on med heat for a couple minutes each side.
- Drain your peas and pasta in a colander and run hot water through to prevent sticking, then pour back in pot along with your pink cashew pasta sauce and heat on a low heat stirring constantly until piping hot.
- Serve in bowls with your “chickn” pieces on top and garnish with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and enjoy.