Simple, healthy and goes great with crusty garlic bread and/ or topped with vegan parmesan.
4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
½ cup olive oil
1 bunch of broccoli, trimmed and ends of stalks removed (keep these and cut into strips, freeze and add to a stir fry at a later date)
Salt and Pepper to taste
400g Penne – cooked and drained
(optional extras: nutritional yeast, mushrooms, vegan parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes)
- Place garlic in a roasting dish, pour in enough oil to cover garlic.
- Roast in oven at 180°C until garlic begins to brown (bout 20mins).
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water until tender; drain and cool slightly.
- Puree the broccoli in a blender.
- Add garlic and olive oil, whirl until garlic is pureed. Do this until sauce reaches a mayo like consistency.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Pour over hot, freshly cooked Penne. Mix well.