- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 thumbs of fresh ginger, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 120 g red curry paste – available from Robinsons
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- 1 small russet potato, diced into 2 cm cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 and 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 and 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons tamari – available from Robinsons
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoons lime juice (or rice wine vinegar)
- fresh basil and brown rice for serving
In a large pot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, sprinkle with salt and cook for 3 minutes, until translucent. Next add the garlic, ginger and carrot. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Add the curry paste, coconut milk and water then bring to a boil. Stir in the potato, broccoli and cauliflower. Reduce to a simmer then cover and cook for about 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Stir in the tamari, coconut sugar, and lime juice (or rice wine vinegar). Serve over warm rice with fresh basil and enjoy!