Vegetable or Sunflower oil for cooking
Seasonal Vegetables (use what ever you have on hand like: pumpkin, celery, capsicum, carrot)
1 tsp Thyme, dried
500g of your favourite mushroom, sliced
1 ½ cups of cubed tofu – (MACRO brand from Countdown)
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
150 mls of coconut cream (about 1/3 of 400ml can)
2 tbsp of raw sugar
1 tsp of Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare vegetables by chopping into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Boil water in a pot, add brown rice and boil until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add thyme, then add vegies and stir fry until almost cooked.
- When almost cooked add mushrooms, and tofu. Stir whilst cooking.
- Combine tomatoes, salt, coconut cream, paprika and sugar. Pour over vegetable mix.
- Simmer on low for 5 – 10 mins.
- Serve on hot brown rice.