SERVES 4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOK TIME: 15-20 MINS
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 x 400g cans Mexican Style Tomatoes (WATTIES)
- 400g can Black beans in spring water, drained
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Brown Rice or Tortilla Wraps
- Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté over low heat until the onion is soft. Add the Whole Cumin Seeds, Ground Coriander and Tomato Paste. Stir and continue cooking a further minute.
- Pour over the (Wattie’s) Mexican Style Tomatoes. Add the drained Black Beans and chopped oregano. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by a third. Stir in the chopped jalapeño peppers if wished. Serve in wraps or over rice. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.