Plan*t meatballs (500g) or another brand of plant based meatballs
For the mash:
1kg golden potatoes
Splash of plant based milk
Dash of garlic oil (recipe on Prep website or you can use other olive oil)
2 x Tbs Vutter
Salt & pepper
For the sauce:
2 x carrots chopped
1 x parsnip chopped
1/2 cauliflower chopped
1 x red onion diced
1 x tsp garlic powder
1 x tsp onion powder
3 x garlic cloves chopped finely
1 x tin chopped tomatoes
1 x can coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 200℃, toss your carrots, parsnip and cauliflower in a dash of olive oil, salt & pepper then roast until tender (30-40mins approx)
- Chop your potatoes for the mash and get them on the boil in salted water (water just covering the potatoes).
- Add a dash of oil in a frying pan on med heat. Add garlic and red onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, garlic & onion powder and 3/4 of the chopped parsley. Stir and mix thoroughly for another few minutes.
- Add the can of coconut milk, dash of salt and pepper, stir until fully mixed in then take off the heat .
- Chop your cabbage and heat in a big frying pan on medium heat with 2 Tbs garlic oil and a splash of water. Salt then cover and stir as you need to until it’s wilted down.
- Place your roasted veges and coconut tomato sauce mix into a blender and blend until smooth..you can add water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Drain your potatoes the mash with garlic oil, plant based milk, salt, pepper and Vutter, mix in your stir fried cabbage.
- Add Meatballs to a frying pan with a dash of oil and fry until nicely browned on the sides .
- Layer on the plates mash then meatballs then sauce and garnish with the remaining parsley and enjoy!