FOR THE SOUP:
- 1 kg Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, white and green parts
- 2 cups (480 ml) almond milk
- 1 pear, diced
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- spring onion
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Wash the leek and cut off only the parts at the very ends. Chop the rest into inch-sized pieces.
- Pour the almond milk into a large sauce pan. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Then add the leek and pear and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Check if potatoes are soft. If not, cook for a bit longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a bit. Transfer to a blender and process until smooth. If you don’t have a blender just use a masher and whisk to get a smooth consistency.
- Return the soup to the sauce pan and slowly reheat. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve with optional toppings.