We are so excited about Summer 2020 and have some amazing recipes to share with you, and this is one of them. Who doesn’t love anything battered?
1 x 450g packet of Macro Tofu (countdown)
220g chickpea flour (gluten free)
2 tspn salt
2 tspn baking powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika
450ml ginger beer or lager
2 tspn ground ginger or 4 cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
Vegetable or corn oil for frying
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and cayenne pepper/paprika together. Gradually whisk in the ginger beer and add the ginger. Chill in the fridge for 20 mins before using.
- Cut tofu into strips or cubes, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, whilst oil is heating, coat the tofu in the batter.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown, then rest on a paper towel for 1-2 mins to absorb any oil.
- Serve with a salad, noodles, or on rice – this can be used so many ways.