1 head of cauliflower
¾ cup chickpea flower (or all purpose flour)
¾ cup of soy or almond milk (unsweetened)
¼ cup of water (if using chickpea flour you won’t need this)
3 tspns garlic powder
2 tspn paprika
¾ cup breadcrumbs (panko works best)
1 cup spicy BBQ sauce (vegan version)
Spring onions cut diagonally to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200c and cut cauli into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl mix flour, water (leave this out if using chickpea flour), garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and stir well until combined.
- Coat the cauli in the batter.
- Coat the battered cauli in panko breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place cauli pieces on baking paper, making sure they aren’t on top of each other. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden/crisp looking.
- Once baked place cauli in a bowl, add a few spoonfuls of BBQ sauce and stir a couple of times to coat all the pieces in the BBQ sauce.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 15 -20 mins.
- Serve with chopped spring onions sprinkled on top and a side of vegan aioli.