Old Elpaso Tortilla Pockets
For the filling:
1 x pack plant based mince
Culley’s Taco Sauce
extra virgin olive oil
1 x red capsicum
1 x brown onion
2 x garlic cloves
spices (a sprinkle of each):
salt & pepper
For the topping:
Raglan coconut yoghurt Greek flavour
1 x avocado
1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes sliced in halves
1 x lemon (juice)
salt & pepper
- Finely dice your avocado and place in a bowl with lemon juice and mash up completely with a folk or masher. Season with salt & pepper, stir though then fold your halved cherry tomatoes through until completely mixed. Cover & set aside.
- Finely dice your onion, finely chop your garlic cloves and thinly slice your capsicum.
- Sauté your garlic and onion in a frying pan on medium heat with a dash of extra virgin olive oil until they go soft and slightly browned (around 4-5 minutes).
- Add your capsicum strips and all your spices and sauté until softened. Add a large dash of water and keep stirring. Turn down the heat and stir occasionally.
- Place your plant based mince in a different frying pan on medium heat with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and sauté for a few minutes. Add half of your Culley’s Taco Sauce and mix and sauté for the next 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Turn off the capsicum mix heat.
- Wash and dry your curly lettuce leaves.
- Finely dice your coriander.
- Grate your dairy free cheese.
- Now it’s time to build your burrito pockets! Stuff them first with the lettuce, plant based mince, capsicum mix, guac, dairy free cheese, Culley’s Taco Sauce, coconut yoghurt and finally sprinkle with coriander! Enjoy with your family or friends.