- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2 bags frozen broccoli florets that have been thawed, or 8 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Olive oil
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for 20-30 minutes, until fork tender but still have some give in the middle. Drain water and let potatoes cool until they are comfortable to handle. It’s best if they are still warm.
- Once potatoes are warm enough to handle, remove the skins either with your fingers or with a potato peeler.
- Preheat oven to 220 c. Grate potatoes on the large side of a box grater and place into a large bowl.
- Place the broccoli into a food processor and blend until it’s in very small pieces, 30 seconds – one minute. You may need to do it in two batches. Place broccoli onto a kitchen towel and squeeze all excess water out.
- Add the broccoli to the grated potatoes along with the salt and mix everything together. Make sure to mix very well because if you have pockets that are mainly broccoli the tater tots won’t form together as well.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use your hands to form small cylinders with the mixture. Use about 1 tablespoon per tater tot. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow them to firm up.
- Brush the top of each tater tot with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle each one with salt. Bake tater tots until browned a crispy, about 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway though.
- Serve with any Culleys sauces.
Recipes makes 30-40 tater tots depending on how big you make them.
These tots freeze very well. Freeze before you cook them and make sure to separate them so they don’t stick together. Can be frozen up to 3 months in an air tight container.