- 450 g ziti pasta (you can substitute for Penne)
- 1 400 g can chickpeas, or 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (pasta sauce0
- 2–4 cups baby spinach leaves, depending on how much you like
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, Angel Foods have great a vegan cheese selection in the cheese section of your supermarket. Or you can purchase cheese. from Robinson’s Market
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add ziti noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and add back into the pot. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chickpeas and spinach.
- Add half the noodle mixture into a large baking dish and cover with half of the cheese mixture. Add the rest of the noodles on top and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.