400g pumpkin cubed
130g baby spinach leaves
2 x cups frozen peas
4 x cups penne pasta
2 x Tbs dairy free butter
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 x handful of mint leaves
1 x cup almonds balanced
1 x cup cashews
1/2 cup nooch
1 tsp garlic powder
S & P 1x tsp of each
- Pre-heat your oven to 200•C and put your cubed pumpkin into a roasting tray. Toss your pumpkin cubes in a little oil salt and pepper. Roast for 1/2 an hour turning 1/2 way.
- Cook pasta until almost al dente (mine took 5 minutes but will depend on your type of pasta). Drain and rinse and keep 3 cups of the pasta water.
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a big pot heat on med heat your oil and butter and when melted add your almond purée and simmer stirring slightly until thickened (around 3 minutes).
- Add the pasta water 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and simmer stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add your peas and pasta and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add your spinach leaves 1 handful at a time until fully wilted then turn off heat.
- Tear up 1/2 your mint leaves and stir through.
- Serve your delicious pasta on plates with the roasted pumpkin on top and finish with your left over mint leaves.